Mother Teresa words always reflect her work with the lonely, the sick, the dying and the destitute. Her unending love towards the needy came through in her work and in her words.
Here are a selection of her words which say it all:-
- The worst disease today is not leprosy or tuberculosis but rather the feeling of being unwanted.
- Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.
If we want a love message to be heard, it has got to be sent out. To keep a lamp burning, we have to pour oil in it.
- Life isn’t about doing big things,it is all about doing small things in a great way.
- The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than a hunger for bread.
- It is easier to give a cup of rice for a hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home.
- Even the rich are hungry for love, for being cared for, for being wanted, for having someone to call their own.
Love is a fruit in season at all times, and within reach of every hand.
- Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty.
- Be thankful of your life no matter what the situation is. Your thankful heart shows your faith
Mother Teresa’s message of love and hope lives on forever– it is now up to all of us to continue her work and make the world a better place.
Teenager’s -its time to help the needy…..!!
What can you, a teenager who doesn’t have a lot of money do to help the poor and needy?
Most young adults are blessed with the creativity and intelligence to find ways to help others . Here are some tips that can perhaps start the creative process:
1. Give a portion of your pocket money each week to a poor and needy person or a cause in support of them.
Instead of wasting money on unnecessary parties, buying burgers,pizzas at the canteen just for time pass – save this money two days of the week. Then give this money to the poor person you know in your neighborhood who is worth enough to take that.
2. Talk about it in your friends group
Get your friends together and put the difficulties of the poor and needy in your community. Simply discuss and you don’t have to come up with a plan all at once. But discussion is the stepping stone to start the process and keep it in people’s minds.
Instead of going out for a restaurant and make party visit any aashrama or an old age home and make a party there.Spread your smile there.
3. Visit a poor part of town
Go with your friends to visit these areas. You don’t have to bring money or food for them. Talk to the people, if they are willing to be approached.Find out the way they are living.Prepare yourself for an eye-opening experience.
4.Heart full words are costlier than money…..so give it
Donating money to an old age home is not only the big thing.The greatest thing lies in the way we speak to those people.Though you cannot help them atleast listen to them.Listening to once problem surely relief them from the feeling of being unwanted.
5. Write about poverty in your college magzines
Educate your student not just with words, but also with photos , if possible. If you’ve visited a poor part of the city then you have plenty of material and matter to write about.Your writings must make the readers help others.
6. Put the information on a website
If you have visited any Old age home or orphanage put those pictures and matter in social site so that some of your friends get inspired and encourage you.
7. Collect money in your group
Make collecting money as a monthly process and make one person responsible for collecting money and sending it to use that money for desired cause